Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Video Games Live










Sorry for the lack of updates, something big is coming up. Btw, last week was VGL (VideoGamesLive) week for me.Tommy Tallarico and co will be performing in Malaysia for the first time, 2 shows in one day! The gaming community here in Malaysia was excited, including me of course.

The time, 2.30 pm(the other show was at 8.30pm). The location, KLCC Planery Hall. Oh, it was PC Fair week too, so going there using the LRT was really a hassle. I hate swarms of human being, being crush by smelly armpits and titties. I think I'll just cut to the chase where I'll swam thru the sea of people and almost lost my ticket(It almost fell into the longkang, but I've got superb ninja reflexes).

I got there, went up to level 4 and sat at my seat. The show just started though. Its great to know that the VGL team uses the Malaysian National Philharmonic Orchestra for their show. The first segment was a retro segment of Frogger, Donkey Kong and also my fave, Ghouls & Goblins. Tommy show up after the segment and to be honest, he's short.

Next up, the Metal Gear Solid theme.During this segment, there is actually someone sneaking in a cardboard box. But its not solid snake nor David Hayter, its Tommy. After that I'm glad they played Shadow of the Colossus. Its been a long time since they play this tune, wanna go play ICO now. They was also a space invader dude who can't play Space Invaders even if his life was depended on it. Motion tracking space invaders anyone?

After Legend of Zelda, we went for a break. Act II was loading, camera almost ran out of battery, Act II begins.

And it begins with the song im eagerly waiting for. No, not One Winged Angel, but Snake Eater, on sax!!! SAAXXYYYY!!!! Than its the usual Mario, Castlevania, Halo and one winged angel(boring). They actually can't show any footage from FFVII due to licensing problem. What was on screen was some FFVII cosplay faggots. Damn you Squeenix!

And for the encore as demanded by the audience, they play songs from both chrono games, Trigger and Cross. Autograph session was up next. Brought my final issue of EGM with me for them to get their slimey hands on. Tommy was surprised with the EGM. He told me they are coming back (YEAY!!!)Well, after its all settle and done, its time to go home..no..i went to go catch Kick Ass with my missus. What i think about the show. Its great to be honest, seeing and listening to those great tunes in live mode for the first time. Memorable. The low attendance was the low point though. With more coverage, it could be a sellout.

Time for some megaman now...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 I-Stutter. Powered by Blogger